Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Sailboat Design and Construction
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009

J36ZT is on a distinguished road
Neg Buoyancy...

I reject your reality and substitute my own... NEGATIVE BUOYANCY does exist and is a commonly accepted term.

I don't know you, Keelhaulin. I've never met you and don't know your background. I suspect you are an AIG executive or worked as a financial manager for G.M. If I'm wrong, with your logic, you should consider applying for such positions. I think you'd do well! Heck, you might even be delusional enough to think the taxpayers love giving you bonus money!

Here is a very basic example. You have two apples. You promise to give a friend three apples. How many apples do you really have? ... (Basic example of a NEGATIVE number!) You keep saying you have a positive number of apples, and the rest of us believe the correct answer to be "-1."

I'm pretty sure you've never taken a SCUBA diving class, or even been below the surface of water where you were less than neutrally buoyant. For anyone considering passing a SCUBA class; you have to believe there is a term for when you sink...that term would be "Negative buoyancy." If you don't understand the term or don't believe it exists, you simply will not be able to pass the class and obtain certification.

Now, if you are arguing semantics and think the term "Negative Buoyancy" doesn't exist...please do an internet search. When I Googled to define the term, there were 995,000 results...including a very good WIKIPEDIA result.

However, I believe the term "Zero Buoyancy" is not correct and "Neutral Buoyancy" is the term that should be used.

Sorry I had to attack you so badly Keelhaulin, but when you posted we should teach out children something that is incorrect I had to come back to correct things.

Skipper, J/36 "Zero Tolerance"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2009
STARBOARD!!

KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough
Well, Skipper, unfortunately you're wrong on so many levels with that last post there is no sense in responding to the in-duh-vidual attacks.

Keep believing that you can be negatively buoyant; maybe someday you will be.

As for questioning what I do for a living; I'm a Mechanical Engineer, double majored in college, which required study of physics and applied science for 4 years, and interned at a national lab while attending college. I'm pretty much certain I know what I'm talking about on this subject; do you Skip?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook