SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

seeking information on the seawind 24 catamaran

19K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Beer Budget Boating! 
#1 ·
I am interested in anyone who can give information on performance and construction quality of the seawind 24 catamaran. I am considering purchasing a used one. I nwould need to find a trailer since the boat does not come with one. Any information on the specs of the factory built trailer that originally came with the boat would be helpfull. Thanks George

#2 ·
The Seawind catamarans as a group are fairly well constructed. I'd point out that they're still in business and while the SW24 is discontinued, they do make a fair number of other ones.

The specifications for the SW24 can be seen HERE.

I would highly recommend that you write the company, since they're still around, to get more information ont he boat as well as the trailer. They probably have some information, possibly the owner's manual and such, for the boat.

#3 ·
The Seawind 24s are a single skin fiberglass hull. They were built on the light side and have not been made in about twenty years. Some of them that have been well used are a little soft. They also tend to show wear at the beam connections. Some 300 boats were built in FL so there are lots of them around. Look for cracks around the centerboard trunks.

#4 ·
I have had 3 of these boats and one of them just came back into my keep as a broker. Hands down the best cat of that size. I rather be on a Seawind that a Stiletto when the wind and waves pick up. Especially if I'm single handed. no fear on the Seawind and nothing ever broke even when I was sailing is weather I shouldn't have been out in. The boat can take more than you can.

#7 ·
The Reynolds 21 was designed by Randy Reynolds and is overpowered for it's size. Randy Reynolds really does not have the technical knowledge to build a safe fast boat. The Seawind 24 has 200% positive flotation. Either hull can support the entire boat. Also the 16 ft beam means never flying a hull. I am on my second one just purchased and am excited about this coming spring. Seawind 24's were the most popular boat in Australia and their reputation launched a multi million dollar boat line/manufacturer.

#8 ·
Dear SW24 owners. I am searching for a SW24 in SE QLD Australia to buy and ship (as in ship in a shipping container) to the Solomon Islands. I'm putting together a budget of costs for this proposed venture and searching for specs and dimensions of SW24. I don't have a boat near me (yet) that I can run a tape measure over so have trawled the Internet for drawings or specs etc. I have the broad info of assembled boat but wondering if anyone can tell me beam of individual hull and hull weight, plus mast length? Thanks very much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.