SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Sailboat Design and Construction (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailboat-design-construction/)
-   -   Question of the Month with Ted Brewer (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailboat-design-construction/88107-question-month-ted-brewer.html)

kwaltersmi 06-01-2012 09:34 AM

Question of the Month with Ted Brewer

I recently started a new series on my blog titled "Question of the Month with Designer Ted Brewer". As the name implies, Ted has agreed to answer a design/sailboat related question or two on just about a monthly basis. This month I asked him to tell me about a few of his favorite personal designs. You can read all about his third favorite all-time design is Mystic, here. We'll be following up sometime next week with his second all-time favorite design.

bljones 06-01-2012 09:47 AM

Re: Question of the Month with Ted Brewer

Very cool.

I gotta get me some special guest stars. Okay, Brewer is taken.
Perry has his own blog...
hmmm...

kwaltersmi 06-01-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bljones (Post 878705)
I gotta get me some special guest stars. Okay, Brewer is taken.
Perry has his own blog...
hmmm...

Bob was gracious enough to contribute on my website as well: Double Enders According to Perry

Both Bob and Ted are great guys with a wealth of information to share. It's been a lot of fun for me to get to work just a little bit with some of my "sailboat heroes".

Faster 06-01-2012 10:59 AM

Great blogs, both of you!

Nice score, Kwalt!

kwaltersmi 06-08-2012 07:12 AM

I've now posted Ted's second response about his second all-time favorite personal design. This time he writes about Black Velvet II, a 43 footer that later lead to the Whitby 42 and Cape North 43 and eventually several other center cockpit cruisers. Here's the story: Question of the Month with Designer Ted Brewer (#2): Black Velvet II

jrd22 06-08-2012 11:05 AM

Very nice kwalt! It's interesting to hear Ted talk about how the designs evolved from his original drawings. I can see a lot of similarities in our Three Seas 40 hull to the Cape North 43.

kwaltersmi 06-18-2012 10:06 AM

Just posted the 3rd response from Ted in this series about his favorite personal designs. This time Ted shares the very interesting story of the Goderich/Huromic 35, including details about radius bilge designs for metal boats and the epic circumnavigations that have taken place on the Goderich 35. Here's the post: Question of the Month with Designer Ted Brewer (#3: Goderich/Huromic 35)

souljour2000 06-24-2012 09:11 PM

The Brewer Troubador 42 looks like a great boat too...very high sea comfort rating with decent turn of speed.

Would be great to hear from even more of these well-known designers...Wish I knew someone who knew Charlie Morgan well enough to get him to do something like this...a question of the month...etc.

bobperry 09-05-2012 11:35 AM

I'm always willing to contribute if I think I have anything of value to add.

kwaltersmi 09-05-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobperry (Post 918215)
I'm always willing to contribute if I think I have anything of value to add.

Your contributions are always welcome, Bob! Your article about canoe-stern designs remains one of the most popular posts on my website. Feel free to PM or email me if you've got a topic or two you'd like to write about.

For those who haven't read it yet, check it out here: Double Enders According to Perry.