Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Sailboat Design and Construction
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree245Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Time for a SiNcity fieldtrip!!!

Let's do it!

(PS - They must have simply overlooked the BS. Or just focused on boats that look great, stay off rocks, and can be shot.)
Nope, none of them have been completed in order to compete.
Old 07-10-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
I need to rally the troops here.
If you go to Cruising World's Facebook page you can vote on the top cruising boat out of the top 40. I managed to get three on the list but I had to vote for the Valiant 40. Oddly the boat getting the most votes is the IP 38.

No BS on the list.

Here is the link:
[URL="http://www.cruisingworld.com/gallery/sailboats/40-best-sailboats?src=SOC&dom=fb"]
BP .... for interest's sake .... why the Valiant over the Passport ? I fully realise that the Valiant must surely be your personal favourite on an emotional level but do you really think it was a better boat than the Passport ?

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

"BP .... for interest's sake .... why the Valiant over the Passport ?"

Purely personal Womby. I was a partner in a Valiant 40 with my buddy Daryl. I have sailed that boat in 60 knots+. It is/was my baby. Can't abandon it now.

Just two days ago Nathan Rothman called me. He started Valiant. We were both kids, hippies trying to fake being "yachting types". But we stuck our fingers in their eyes and made it work. Fair dinkum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Old 07-11-2013

jak3b is on a distinguished road

Good on ya Bob.The IP38 just didnt have legs in that poll.It was just a shill anyhow.The Valiant 40 defined performance cruiser and set the standard.
Old 07-11-2013
grumpy old man

jak:
Yeah, I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't a bit excited abolut the silly poll. You work all your life and you wonder if anyone is paying attention. The something like this comes along. I know it's a silly poll but it is damn important to me.

Bob's Blog ....

Old 07-11-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have sailed that boat in 60 knots+.
What the hell? This can't be right.

Brent Swain said you've never sailed a boat before. You need to check your facts mister.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 07-11-2013

Well like you said in another post,What youve done nobody can take from you.Its plane for all to see.There is a passport 40 in the Berkely Marine on the hard right now.I was checking it out yesterday.That is a BIG 40 footer.

Last edited by jak3b; 07-11-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-11-2013
grumpy old man

Smackers:
Hold on. I could be wrong. It was the Swiftsure of 1974 as I recall. One guy died when his boat hit the rocks. I remember looking up at the sky and seeing the moon shine through the clouds. I said to my wife, she was the only one left conscious on deck, that I thought someone had gone to heaven. I was right. That was my exact thought at the time.

I look back and from the time I was 15 years old it seems to me that I have done a lot of sailing.
I'm probably wrong.
smackdaddy likes this.

Bob's Blog ....

Old 07-11-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Smackers:
Hold on. I could be wrong. It was the Swiftsure of 1974 as I recall. One guy died when his boat hit the rocks. I remember looking up at the sky and seeing the moon shine through the clouds. I said to my wife, she was the only one left conscious on deck, that I thought someone had gone to heaven. I was right. That was my exact thought at the time.

I look back and from the time I was 15 years old it seems to me that I have done a lot of sailing.
I'm probably wrong.
He wouldn't have died if he was on a Swain boat.... the rock would have died!

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
Old 07-11-2013

Heres another take on the skinny boat theme.Sydney Herreshoff's Alerion and Damian McLaughlin's build of her named Walter Greene
Attached Thumbnails
Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat-arionsailing_petermcgowan.jpg   Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat-arion_waltergreen.jpg   Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat-walter-greene-s.herreshoff-42-2003.jpg  

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.