SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   SailNet FAQ (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailnet-faq/)
-   -   off topic password and Tapatalk (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailnet-faq/115562-off-topic-password-tapatalk.html)

jackdale 01-06-2014 02:35 PM

off topic password and Tapatalk
 
Has anyone figured out how to use the off topic password in Tapatalk?



Thanks

Jack

miatapaul 01-06-2014 05:18 PM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
You know after they first initiated the password, I still saw the threads, perhaps the ones that I had posted in? But now that I think of it I have not seen them in a while. I just tried it and cannot in fact get into it.

Sailormon6 01-07-2014 09:22 AM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miatapaul (Post 1280594)
You know after they first initiated the password, I still saw the threads, perhaps the ones that I had posted in? But now that I think of it I have not seen them in a while. I just tried it and cannot in fact get into it.

I don't know about tapatalk, but, when you type the password, the J must be capitalized.

miatapaul 01-07-2014 09:28 AM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailormon6 (Post 1282466)
I don't know about tapatalk, but, when you type the password, the J must be capitalized.

Yea, tried it both ways, strange thing is it does not say bad password either way, just brings you back to the regular off topic screen. I must admit I have not tried it in a web browser as I have not visited it since the password was initiated.

Sailormon6 01-07-2014 09:31 AM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miatapaul (Post 1282498)
Yea, tried it both ways, strange thing is it does not say bad password either way, just brings you back to the regular off topic screen. I must admit I have not tried it in a web browser as I have not visited it since the password was initiated.

You aren't missing much! ;)

jackdale 01-07-2014 10:48 AM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miatapaul (Post 1282498)
Yea, tried it both ways, strange thing is it does not say bad password either way, just brings you back to the regular off topic screen. I must admit I have not tried it in a web browser as I have not visited it since the password was initiated.

I cannot even get a text box to show on the screen.

miatapaul 01-07-2014 11:48 AM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdale (Post 1282770)
I cannot even get a text box to show on the screen.

When I click on the icon on the top left corner and go to "Browse" in the menu then choose general interest then Off Topic then at the top is P/R/W/G when I click on that it comes up Protected forum and the cursor is flashing on a line that says Password and type it in and hit Submit.

Now I am getting into the forum. Oh my eyes ouch, got to get out.... So they may have changed something, or perhaps my connection is faster today or something.

What version of Tapatalk are you using? I am on 4.0.25 I know there are a lot of changes from version 3.

jackdale 01-07-2014 12:03 PM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miatapaul (Post 1283050)
When I click on the icon on the top left corner and go to "Browse" in the menu then choose general interest then Off Topic then at the top is P/R/W/G when I click on that it comes up Protected forum and the cursor is flashing on a line that says Password and type it in and hit Submit.

Now I am getting into the forum. Oh my eyes ouch, got to get out.... So they may have changed something, or perhaps my connection is faster today or something.

What version of Tapatalk are you using? I am on 4.0.25 I know there are a lot of changes from version 3.

That worked.

I am using 4.3.4

Jack

miatapaul 01-07-2014 01:34 PM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
I just double checked and apparently I have 2 versions loaded one was the beta for 4. I uninstalled what I thought was 3.x but apparently was actually version 4. something. Now I reinstalled 4.4.1 and it is also getting in. The interface is all new and I had to re log into the forums. So lesson learned is do not just go uninstalling apps blindly! It now has a "new" icon a red cartoon speech bubble with a lower case t in it. I like the layout a lot better though.

miatapaul 01-07-2014 05:55 PM

Re: off topic password and Tapatalk
 
Oh and by the way now that I put in that password, I am getting off topic in my "unread messages window" grr.... I guess that shows me to try to help out a fellow tapatalk user! :laugher:laugher So don't put it in unless you want off topic.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012