SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   SailNet FAQ (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailnet-faq/)
-   -   Giulietta's Vids...Thanks and Comments. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailnet-faq/53053-giuliettas-vids-thanks-comments.html)

tdw 04-01-2009 10:54 PM

Giulietta's Vids...Thanks and Comments.

Alex continues to produce and post these fabulous vids. Cos the vid thread is locked here's the place for comments and thanks for all his hard work.

or you can tell him what you really think.......:p

Cheers Alex.

smackdaddy 04-01-2009 11:15 PM

Definitely one of the best ways to learn. Thanks, dude.

Now I just want to see a SailingDog video on how to respond to so many freakin' sailing/electronics/gear/seamanship/plumbing/mechanical/political/nuclear-physics/feminine-hygiene questions with actually useful info. There has to be some kind of trick.

Omatako 04-02-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 469721)
Definitely one of the best ways to learn. Thanks, dude.

Now I just want to see a SailingDog video on how to respond to so many freakin' sailing/electronics/gear/seamanship/plumbing/mechanical/political/nuclear-physics/feminine-hygiene questions with actually useful info. There has to be some kind of trick.

C'mon Smack, everybody's heard of Google.

chall03 04-02-2009 04:32 AM

I actually think SD IS Google.....

:) :)

sailingdog 04-02-2009 08:00 AM

Please note, I generally don't answer political or nuclear physics threads here.. :)

AllThumbs 04-02-2009 10:10 AM

feminine hygiene, yes, phisics, no

:)

sailingdog 04-02-2009 10:46 AM

Hell, I'm the first one to admit I know more about women and female hygiene than I do about nuclear physics. :) Women are far more interesting than splitting atoms... :) Far safer in some ways too...but not always. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllThumbs (Post 469825)
feminine hygiene, yes, phisics, no

:)

flyingwelshman 04-02-2009 01:34 PM

Giu, thanks for the new lessons.

You make it look so easy.
I'm still a little intimidated by the spinnaker. I will need to get out with an experienced sailor before I try it alone, or with my equally inexperienced crew.

LittleWingCA 04-23-2009 02:31 PM

Great videos Giu. Just went through them all.

Now all I need is a backstay adjustment system, boom vang, cunningham, and a modification to the outhaul to bring it to the cockpit instead of adjusting it on the boom. I guess there is always something new to do.

I thought my boat was just a heavy tank, and that was why I always get passed, but I guess I need some better sail control features added to help it along. Or maybe it is just too heavy and that is why she doesn't have them now.

Tartan53a1 04-26-2009 04:44 PM

pathetic...amateur...bad quality..

now that he's gone, delete that trash from our site, PULEEEZE