SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   SailNet FAQ (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailnet-faq/)
-   -   why the need for posts to respond to pm? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailnet-faq/97867-why-need-posts-respond-pm.html)

Nielsen01 03-25-2013 06:00 PM

why the need for posts to respond to pm?

Why is it I was able to respond to pms last year but not now? Post count to low. Suppose I need to contribute... Sorry to those that have sent me pm but received no response.

Faster 03-25-2013 06:13 PM

Re: why the need for posts to respond to pm?

Sorry Nielsen.. the post limit was upped to 15 some time back - it's a pretty common anti spammer measure. You're nearly there!!

Nielsen01 03-26-2013 01:41 AM

Thanks for that tidbit. I think we'll have to spend some time seaching the SN community and add our 2 sense where we can.
Regards,

Capt. Gary Randall 03-26-2013 01:58 AM

Faster, we were having this discussion with a newbie last night on chat. And someone said there was also a day count is this true?

CaptG

Faster 03-26-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Gary Randall (Post 1007855)
Faster, we were having this discussion with a newbie last night on chat. And someone said there was also a day count is this true?

CaptG

Not certain, but I don't believe there's a time factor. We've had members with a year or two but low post counts run into difficulty. I suspect the recent change has affected some (like Neilsen) who may have been able to post after 5 posts before. the change.

Anyhow we do get a lot of 'spammers' joining, and we can usually get them gone before they start sending spam PMs, so overall it's a good measure and should encourage participation of legitimate joins...

TuurboSpaggetti 03-26-2013 10:33 AM

I'm new, and the first pm I tried to send told me "you have not been a member of this forum for 7 days" (paraphrasing). It didn't mention post count. I believe the post count changes whether you can include links/email addresses in threads. It told me I needed ten.

Wantabesailor 08-25-2013 12:57 PM

Was searching your site and found the answer to my transmission problem but was unable to view the photo's that were part of the thread. How do I got to where I an able to view photos and links?

DRFerron 08-25-2013 01:04 PM

There should be no issue viewing photos and links. The restriction is on posting them in your own messages. Were you a registered user at the time that you tried to see them?

Faster 08-25-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wantabesailor (Post 1079136)
Was searching your site and found the answer to my transmission problem but was unable to view the photo's that were part of the thread. How do I got to where I an able to view photos and links?

If it was a very old thread that you found your answers in, I've noticed in the past that images and links sometimes seem to disappear... perhaps during various upgrades or software changes??

As Donna says you must be logged in to see attachments and links...