Recreational Sailboat vs. Tugboat with Barge: Who Has the Right of Way? - See more at - Page 9 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Seamanship & Navigation
 Not a Member? 

Seamanship & Navigation Forum devoted to seamanship and navigation topics, including paper and electronic charting tools.

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2014

L124C is on a distinguished road
Re: Recreational Sailboat vs. Tugboat with Barge: Who Has the Right of Way? - See mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
I have had this happen here (in san diego)... I give way. So u have to have ur comfortable gf hold ur wine glass for a few min, who cares? Yes I get the law, but how about common courtesy and sense?
I agree... However, you might want to leave the fact that you are drinking alcohol at the helm out out your argument!
If there was a incident, I can hear the testimony now: "I did every thing in my power to avoid collision. I even put down my glass of wine!".

Last edited by L124C; 02-26-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2014
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Recreational Sailboat vs. Tugboat with Barge: Who Has the Right of Way? - See mor

OK, so if I'm tacking up a marked traffic channel, centerboard down the full nine feet, with my two barges strung out well behind me, and I see an LPG tanker coming DOWN the same marked channel, riding high in the water and possibly empty, who has to blink first?

Rule of Tonnage is all so much simpler...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook