Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Seamanship & Navigation
 Not a Member? 

Seamanship & Navigation Forum devoted to seamanship and navigation topics, including paper and electronic charting tools.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2002

SloopSailor is on a distinguished road
What ever happened to USyacht?

Yes, the Buccaneers did use some chopper gunned glass. They are also not a world cruiser. The US Yachts have nothing, other than a parent company, in common. They were different designs, different constructions methods etc. The smaller US Yachts are not world cruisers, but they are fine costal cruisers. The larger boats, I expect, are very nice (33 on up).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2003

KinShipper is on a distinguished road

I own a 1982 usyacht 25'' and would love to get my hands on any documentation associated with the boat. What do you have and what can I do to get copies?
Old 09-18-2003

darkin is on a distinguished road

I own a 1982 US Yacht 18 and recently broke my centerboard (it''s a long story). Anybody know where I can get one?
Old 09-27-2003

Scurvy_Dog is on a distinguished road

To get info on US Yachts or Buccaneers there is a good owners forum at http://groups.msn.com/BaylinerBuccaneerSloops . Some helpful people and documents you are looking for.

ScurvyDog
Buccaneer 240
Old 03-22-2004

mcratz is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know where one can get parts for a US25? I work in a sail shop in Calgary Alberta and a customer has a gooseneck that is toast. However, I can not find anyone, anywhere, or any shop that seems to have prts tp replace it? Can someone direct me???
Old 03-22-2004

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about

I would guess that they had either Racelite, Kenyon, or Dwyer rigging parts as they were the most common spar and small boat rigging sources in that era.
Old 05-18-2004

rich25 is on a distinguished road

I too own a US25 I bought it new in 1981. I have some info on all the USYACHT line from 18''- 42'' someday I actually get my webpage posted.

I have to say. FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO SAY THAT BAYLINERS USYACHT LINE OF SAILBOATS ARE SLOW AND MADE OF CHOP HAVE NOT SEEN MINE. I have cut a hole through the hull for a knot meter installation and the hull is made of hand laid glass woven layers about one quarter inch thick with 3/4" marine grade plywood laminated to the inside. As far as glass chop the only place I have found it is where the interior partitions are molded into place.

I am not a racer but in our racing club I came in 5 out of 9 boats for the season. the only boat and crew that beat me were the Capri 25''s two each, a J-24, a SanJuan 24, all of which were fin keel and crews used their spinnakers . mine is a shoal draft and my crew gave up on the spinnaker sailing.

Even thought the other boats were rated faster several times I was close at the first windward mark through watching the windshifts.

I LOVE MY US25 Many persons walk up thinking it is an Erickson. I only have majer problems in light air using the 150 gennoa not wanting to point. This can be remedied somewhat by moving the crew forward on the deck which moves the center of lateral resistance forward. I would not hesitate purchasing a 27'' or 30 USYacht.

I have sailed from florida to bahamas. Based on the quality of my boat I would sail one of their 30-42'' boats to the bahamas with the right equipment.

I have some pictures of my boats constructon as I am in the process of redoing the interior.....
Old 05-18-2004

rich25 is on a distinguished road

I too own a US25 I bought it new in 1981. I have some info on all the USYACHT line from 18''- 42'' someday I actually get my webpage posted.

I have to say. FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO SAY THAT BAYLINERS USYACHT LINE OF SAILBOATS ARE SLOW AND MADE OF CHOP HAVE NOT SEEN MINE. I have cut a hole through the hull for a knot meter installation and the hull is made of hand laid glass woven layers about one quarter inch thick with 3/4" marine grade plywood laminated to the inside. As far as glass chop the only place I have found it is where the interior partitions are molded into place.

I am not a racer but in our racing club I came in 5 out of 9 boats for the season. the only boat and crew that beat me were the Capri 25''s two each, a J-24, a SanJuan 24, all of which were fin keel and crews used their spinnakers . mine is a shoal draft and my crew gave up on the spinnaker sailing.

Even thought the other boats were rated faster several times I was close at the first windward mark through watching the windshifts.

I LOVE MY US25 Many persons walk up thinking it is an Erickson. I only have majer problems in light air using the 150 gennoa not wanting to point. This can be remedied somewhat by moving the crew forward on the deck which moves the center of lateral resistance forward. I would not hesitate purchasing a 27'' or 30 USYacht.

I have sailed from florida to bahamas. Based on the quality of my boat I would sail one of their 30-42'' boats to the bahamas with the right equipment.

I have some pictures of my boats constructon as I am in the process of redoing the interior.....
Old 12-19-2004

newuser is on a distinguished road

Good day,SloopSailer, am I glad I saw your message as I was getting concerned about my purchase of my US 27, based on the diologue going on . She is everything I have been looking for, from size to options, wheel and diesel.I have begun removing the roof liner as the windows have leaked and had been poorly repaired.I have found only a very small spot of delamination on the port side the size of a hand and strees crack under the tabernacle the rest is excellent for a boat that is 20 plus years . I would greatly appreciate any information or copies of liturature that you might forward to me as I plan to bring her back to bristal condition.I know what was said about putting money into these models but I could never sail anything that I am not proud of. My very best regards Yvan
Old 08-26-2006

lbs is on a distinguished road
Don't believe evrything you hear. If you like the boat use it. My USYacht 27 just completed a 700 mile journey from Milwaukee to North Lake Superior. It performed beautifully. By the way it wasn't Pearson who designed the US Yacht ,it was Peterson. There are issues with the interior cabin sole, as it isn't really marine ply. The hulls themselve are built pretty well. At 6000 lbs. they are one of the heaviest 27 around. Mine's not fast, but I've been on Michigan in 6 footers with no worries. I've been on Superior in rain, flat calms and 5 foot swells. No trouble. Think of it as a unique boat, not a dog.

Last edited by lbs; 08-26-2006 at 10:45 PM.