SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Emergency Lists

7K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  Omatako 
#1 ·
As I armchair-sail until the lake is liquid again, I read about various emergency scenarios, and wonder if I would remember to do all that I should in those situations. I was thinking of making a basic list of emergency situations with actions that should be taken. I would keep a laminated copy that I (or crew) could refer to. This would only serve as a basic checklist to make sure I don't forget something obvious in a stressful situation. For example, my list may include these categories: Boat sinking, COB, steering failure, heavy weather, rigging failure...
What do you think should be on a basic emergency list?

#36 ·
The first thing I did after buying my boat was to develop emergency procedure both written and in flow charts. They are invaluable.
Please feel free to post them. I thought that was the idea of this thread.

#38 ·
thanks freesail for the departure list, I wil print and laminate it.

Does anyone have a crew briefing list including emergeny procedures o post or mail?

Regards

Mad
Your welcome, I'll post more as I find them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.