Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Seamanship & Navigation
 Not a Member? 

Seamanship & Navigation Forum devoted to seamanship and navigation topics, including paper and electronic charting tools.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008

Karletto is on a distinguished road
Talking contrabant/ schwertz commerce

did you heard or brought too much stuff in a state? i mean no drugs, arms or people but stuff that can't be imported legal over a certain quantity by law.
i've heard that people contrabant Cuban cigars from Cuba to USA and even that thay attach stuff on boat's hull or pull it behind the boat with a rope. is this true?

Last edited by Karletto; 09-13-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2008

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
Free Booting has been going on for a few thousand years now. But having your boat taken away from you isn't worth the price. And that is not counting the possible jail time or fines either. The LEOs will attach your vessel. And if you are found innocent you will still have to pay for moorage and security. And those fees are many times the price of the vessel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture
Old 09-12-2008
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
So what's the question? You want to poll board members to go on record saying they have smuggled contraband and committed felonies?

Fruit, meat, potatoes, cigars, alcohol, condoms, playboy magazine, are all illegal at different borders. Sometimes smugglers get away with it, sometimes they go to jail.
Old 10-07-2008
Pearson 31-2 #80 ('87)

Delirious is on a distinguished road
Nope. Too risky.

Them Canadians are tough. "Disappear" you without access to the U.S. embassy and you end up in a bauxite mine in Manitoba sharing a cot with some half-toothless lumberjack rapist named LaFeet who keeps calling you "my leetle mooseling".

I don't ever want to go through that again.
Charlie P. P31-2 #80 CATNAP

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive - R.L. Stevenson

I suspect that, if you should go to the end of the world, you would find somebody there going farther . . . - H.D. Thoreau
Old 10-07-2008

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Delirious - The Australians are worse, you have to share a cell with a nympho Kangaroo trained in kickboxing if caught. Unlike the gent in the conversation shown below - he was never found.

(Sydney Airport Immigration Hall Video recording)
Australian Immigration Officer : "Sir, do you have a criminal record?"
Passenger : "No. Do I still need one?"
(video ends abruptly in static)

Old 10-07-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
My wife made me a chicken sandwich when I traveled to the US 3 weeks ago, so I could have a bite if I got hungry in my long travel...I had in in my computer bag...

...while in Denver Airport waiting for my luggage, a sniffing dog started barking and going crazy on my bag...

This customs woman ...TSA... whatever, that the dog was holding with a leash..freaked out and started shouting to me:

SIr.....what do you have in your bag???

Sir stay away from your bag...with this commotion, the dog is now really excited...so was I...

Well the woman, at the dog's request, opened my bag and took the contraband...my chicken sandwich...me, being me...started telling her my sandwich is mine, keep the dog away from it..it's a sandwich...go look for drugs or talibans..leave my chicked sandwich alone...by now I am getting hungry...so I could very well eat my sandwich...so I told her to go look for real bad guys....they're around you know....

What did I do...I wondered to myself....

nope...she called the boss, a guy that looked just a little smarter than the dog, and they frisked all my luggage..lost 1/2 hour so that the US could be safer....you know..the dangerous chicken sandwich bomb...

needless to say I carried nothing....

I wonder if the wooman ate my sandwich....BEATCHES both of them....literaly

Last edited by Giulietta; 10-07-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2008
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Surely, Alex, you have violated, ergh, crossed, enough borders to know by now that carrying any type of MEAT across an international border is usually illegal?

Meat, citrus fruits, potatoes, blueberries...You'd better stick to LifeSavers if you want to carry food safely across borders.
Old 10-07-2008

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
If they didn't confiscate his sandwich, Alex wouldn't have had to support the American balance of trade by buying something in the airport.
Old 10-07-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
What's funny is I have allways allways travelled thru JFK, Atlanta, Chicago, Newark, Dallas, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, London, MAdrid, Frankfurt, Paris, etc, caring my dearest wife's chicken sandwich...nver in over 16 years of marriage someone has gotten between me and my marital chicken sandwich....

Till I landed in Denver....I guess they have nothing better to do in Colorado.....either confiscate chicken bombs, or cow tipping is their past time
Old 10-07-2008
Pearson 31-2 #80 ('87)

Delirious is on a distinguished road
Could have been a salmanella bomb. You're lucky you werent entering at California. They take you immediately to a firing squad for bringing in food.

Besides, didn't your mom ever tell you that mayonaise harbors the bubolic plague, demaining plebny and cholery morbis and after just two hours unrefrigerated can drop a man at 30 paces if he meerly looks at it?
Charlie P. P31-2 #80 CATNAP

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive - R.L. Stevenson

I suspect that, if you should go to the end of the world, you would find somebody there going farther . . . - H.D. Thoreau