SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cartagena de Indias

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  magnusmurphy 
#1 ·
In Cartagena de Indias there are two main marina, Club Nautico and Club de Peche, the last one more "schic" and expensive. In Club Nautico i pay for 44 sun magic by Jeanneau $800.000 Pesos Colombiano, 1 USD = $2900 Pesos. I make the 5 years temporary importation for stay without custom problem. The place is safe and you can feel a thru caribbean atmosphere, the town is magic.
Good Food and good people...........Anyway you have in front the Rosario Island a paradise archipelagos.

#3 · (Edited)
Sorry, but Club Nautico is a dump. I wouldn't want to stay there if you paid me. (I returned from CArtagena yesterday to my boat, which I left in the brand new marina in SAnta Marta to visit Cartagena by bus).
Club de Pesca is full (and very expensive) and both these are a bit out of the way. In contrast, in Santa Marta you have a front row seat to the town's comings and goings and it is a four hour bus ride to Cartagena, with very nice, cheap hotels with pools, for a change. With the new marina in SAnta Marta, I can't see why anyone will want to go stay in the dumpy CArtagena marinas. Santa Marta is a fantastic place to leave the boat safely in the marina with fantastic security, to travel inland. It is close to the lost city of the Tayrona (Cuidad Perdida), Tayrona park, and famous towns such as Taganga. The anchorage in Cartagena didn't seem great either. Not pretty, lots of traffic, hot with little breeze and worse - you have to use the Club Nautico's dinghy dock and then walk 30 min to get anywhere, or take a taxi. Ok the cabs are very cheap.
Also, the exchange rate is not nearly as favorable as stated above, anymore. After four days in Cartagena we were bored. My suggestion if you come to Colombia: leave your boat in Santa Marta; travel inland around the area to see the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, take a bus to Cartagena. From there it is only $40.00 per air to Bogota too!

Magnus Murphy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.