Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > South America
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By copacabana

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012

dstpol is on a distinguished road
Fernando de Naronha Brasil

Is anybody anchored recently in Fernando de Naronha ? I would like to know the fees. It seems that they are very expensive.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-27-2012
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA

killarney_sailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Fernando de Naronha Brasil

We are tied up next to a Brazilian boat in South Africa and he said the fees can add up to a few hundred dollars a night. Apparently the government have decided they just don't want cruising boats stopping there.
Old 01-15-2013

copacabana is on a distinguished road

Dstpol, I can't find a straight answer from one source on fees, but it seems that foreigners have to pay an environmental tax (TPA) of 130 Reais (60USD) valid for 10 days. Elsewhere I see another (newer?) fee of 40 Reais per head per day (just under 20USD). If I can find a reliable source with the data you need I will post the link. Have you tried contacting the Brazilian consulate or the state of Pernambuco tourism office directly? The latter should have the answer at their fingertips.
Old 01-25-2013

copacabana is on a distinguished road

Yacht Jennifer just visited Fernando de Noronha and posted about the place and the fees. Not cheap for foreign yachts!....

http://blogg.yacht-jennifer.nu/

from the blog:

"Up till recently cruisers could not visit Fernando unless they had cleared into Brazil before, but that has now changed. The costs for visiting yachts are steep though, almost USD 100/day for the boat and a landing fee plus a park fee of USD 35/day/person."

Personally, I think there is much more to see and enjoy on the mainland, and no fees there too.
PCP likes this.
Old 01-25-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacabana View Post
Dstpol, I can't find a straight answer from one source on fees, but it seems that foreigners have to pay an environmental tax (TPA) of 130 Reais (60USD) valid for 10 days. Elsewhere I see another (newer?) fee of 40 Reais per head per day (just under 20USD). If I can find a reliable source with the data you need I will post the link. Have you tried contacting the Brazilian consulate or the state of Pernambuco tourism office directly? The latter should have the answer at their fingertips.
It seems that the tax for head is now R$ 45,60. Besides the additional 130 reais for 10 days (if that value was not also increased in 5.5%) it seems that you have to pay also a tax for anchoring, for day. For a small 5m boat is R$ 45,60. I imagine that a cruising boat will pay several times more.

Taxa de Preservação em Fernando de Noronha sobe para R$ 45,60 - Jornal do Commercio

I guess that instead of ruling the environmental impact with sensible demands (like paid fixed buoys, mandatory black water tanks, restricted number of cruising boats) they are just running cruising boats out with very expensive prices while they continue to allow mass tourism in cruise ships (600 persons allowed for boat).

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook