SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Southeast Asia (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/southeast-asia/)
-   -   Philippines, 7100+ Islands (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/southeast-asia/58067-philippines-7100-islands.html)

imagine2frolic 02-20-2009 12:16 PM

Philippines, 7100+ Islands

Anybody have any experience in the Phils? I have spent several months there. It is a fantastic, diverse, and beautiful country. This is where my wife is from, and we are trying to gear up to sail to the Phils. I look at the country from the air, and my mind is overwhelmed with the possibilities.

She is from Davao, and I know they are just finishing the breakwater to a new marina several miles away on Samal Island. The travelway is already finished, and things are looking positive. We redid our vows on Samal.

Holiday Oceanview Samal

We were hoping to buy a small resort on the beach, but the economy has eaten that plan. I was going to drop a mooring off the beach, and take guest sailing. Maybe now we will just try some chartering there? As always time will tell me what to do......i2f:D

joekano 11-24-2009 08:09 PM

I've spent some time in the Philippines too as my wife is also from Mindanao. I also share your dream of owning a small beach-front resort and have an American friend who is doing just that on Bohol. We plan to do the same thing and like your idea of offering day sailing trips to guests and tourists.

SoBre 07-25-2012 02:09 AM

Re: Philippines, 7100+ Islands

Hello,

I have seen that you had planned to sail in the Philippines - how was it?
We are planning to sail there soon and any "anchorage" recommandations are welcome,

Thank you in advance and best regards,
SoBre

FSMike 07-25-2012 11:35 AM

Unfortunately John passed away. Last I heard, Melanie had i2f up for sale.

aeventyr60 07-25-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBre (Post 900913)
Hello,

I have seen that you had planned to sail in the Philippines - how was it?
We are planning to sail there soon and any "anchorage" recommandations are welcome,

Thank you in advance and best regards
SoBre

We thought Palawan was the best. Felt like the So. Pac 30 years ago. Friendly folks, good anchorages, food, water, supplies readily available. A decent write up is on Noonsite by some folks we met there few years back.

The PI is so big and covers such a vast area that my advice is to take it slow, keep an eye on the weather and enjoy the PI islander hospitality.

Check out typhoon2000.com for updates on TC activity.

mydream2sail@gmail.com 07-04-2014 01:06 PM

H Im Emily from the Philippines. Me and my 2 friends are looking to join a boat as a crew here and sail any island or even outside the Philippines.We are willing to also share costs. We have experienced cook and watch keeper.