SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Kuching, Malaysia

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  foojin 
#1 ·
I will be going to Kuching, Malaysia for the second half of September and the first half of October. I will be going back for most of November. Since I will be working during the week, I would like to have some fun on the weekends. Does anyone know where I can rent a sailboat in the area? I am willing to travel to the northern part of the island as well.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

#2 ·
Nick,

There is a small marina in Kuching where there are some cruising yachts. Maybe you can get on for a day sail. Up in Kota Kinabalu there are several small boat yacht clubs. If you get over to Brunei the Royal Brunei Yacht Club has small boats for rent. Make sure you check out the Sarawak Cultural Center over in Santabong. They host the Rainforest World Music Festival every July. We spent several weeks in this area last year, sailing of course.....

#6 ·
My wife and I were just talking about Kuching. We spent a lot of time in Malaysia and both think we have never been in a friendlier city, certainly in Malaysia and maybe anywhere else.

We anchored in the Santubong River, near the venue for the World Rainforest Festival, and rented a bike to get into the city. Well protected. Safe. Perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.