SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

1967 Soverel 36

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  antonross 
#1 ·
Built by Bill. More solid than anything I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a bit. As quite a few others have said in a couple of the other threads here, set the sails and she sails herself.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking boat. Huge genny and small main. What is the hull shape like?
Is this a new boat to you?
As an owner of a boat from 1967 (Tartan 27') I'd suggest you look at the chain plates to see if there is any possible water penetration in them. All internal sheaves and blocks in the spars should be checked as well. I suspect you know the deal with older boats but I am just saying that older stuff is more likely to fail or foul. Maintenance is key IMHO.
Enjoy her.

#3 ·
Interesting version of the S 36 you have. I have #6 sloop designed by Mark after the hull of Moody Blue (SORC racer).

Mine is still rigged for racing, but she's also a liveaboard. I've had her for the last 5 years in Hilton Head Island, SC.

She's extremely well built, has agressive lines and a very low silhouette. She's lovely.

I'll have to post a few more times before I can include links or photos.

PM me for pix, if you'd like.

Fair winds,
Anton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.