SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Temporary SN Changes Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/temporary-sn-changes-forum/)
-   -   Feedback and questions please... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/temporary-sn-changes-forum/100584-feedback-questions-please.html)

Cruisingdad 06-19-2013 11:25 AM

Feedback and questions please...

I am trying to clean the site up some, so will post questions here.

First, does anyone really use the Piracy Thread anymore?

Second, are there other threads which you would like added or removed? Please, no one bring up Off Topic. I don't even want to go there right now.

Other ideas or thoughts?

Brian

Cruisingdad 06-19-2013 11:26 AM

Re: Feedback and questions please...

Should we merge seamanship into the general discussion?

SloopJonB 06-19-2013 11:35 AM

Clean up the huge number of obsolete I.D.'s - it takes forever to track down a screen name.

If an I.D. hasn't logged on for a couple of years it's a pretty safe bet they are gone for good.

Omatako 06-19-2013 08:33 PM

Hey Brian

Good idea

I never visit the piracy thread

I recon we should clean up some stickies that were posted many years ago and haven't been posted on for two years - I wonder how many people still visit them? I don't know how to tell.

aeventyr60 06-19-2013 09:39 PM

Add a dedicated section on Navigation. Subsections for electronic, paper, Max C, C Map, Celestial etc.

Maybe a section of tutorials by the experienced navigators to help the upcoming corinthian sailors.

scratchee 06-19-2013 09:50 PM

I second the recommendation to clean up the stickies. Not so much because they're old, but because they take up an awful lot of screen space on smaller devices.

xort 06-19-2013 10:51 PM

The newsfeed also eats up space on my android.
The choices available on 'new posts' (off topic) are not there on android

smackdaddy 06-19-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeventyr60 (Post 1046510)
Add a dedicated section on Navigation. Subsections for electronic, paper, Max C, C Map, Celestial etc.

Maybe a section of tutorials by the experienced navigators to help the upcoming corinthian sailors.

I think a Navigation section would be awesome.

I love the Seamanship forum - but agree that it makes sense for that info to be in General. Seamanship is such a broad topic - where Navigation is pretty specialized.

Minnewaska 06-20-2013 06:03 AM

If I understand the question, I think you're asking about the number of forums and sub-forums. I think of threads as the original post and all its replies on a specific subject line.

I like the idea of a Nav Forum. Fine with combining Seamanship into General.

However, this entire Forum has too many sub-forums by multiples. There are so many, I think it dilutes their usefulness. Don't most just go to General and Gear, as they are the most clearly understood?

The Welcome Forum section has four subsections

General Interest section, I think has 14.

I agree, major cleanup and consolidation would make sense.

SimonV 06-20-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloopJonB (Post 1046135)
Clean up the huge number of obsolete I.D.'s - it takes forever to track down a screen name.

If an I.D. hasn't logged on for a couple of years it's a pretty safe bet they are gone for good.

Or gone cruising in remote locals, and wont they be pissed when they come back to share their tales and can't.:eek: