SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Temporary SN Changes Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/temporary-sn-changes-forum/)
-   -   Sailnet Changes Poll 3 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/temporary-sn-changes-forum/100821-sailnet-changes-poll-3-a.html)

Cruisingdad 06-26-2013 11:32 AM

Sailnet Changes Poll 3

Consolidate Subforums on Locations and reduce Stickies?

bwalker42 06-26-2013 12:06 PM

Re: Sailnet Changes Poll 3

What are stickies??
How would consolidating subforums be a benifit?

northoceanbeach 06-26-2013 03:15 PM

Yes. Consolidate locations. Not enough people post. I think the entire west coast from Alaska to San Diego including Hawaii could be one forum. There are people in San Francisco with knowledge of puget sound but since the forums are separate they probably never check and answer.

miatapaul 06-26-2013 07:55 PM

Some forums I go to have a single 'sticky" where they link to pertinent posts for that category. Seems to clean things up. People can post links they think should be listed and then to owner of the sticky updates the first post. This will necessitate some permissions as I think there is a time limit of being able to edit a post, though I have not tested that. Should be an easy thing to set up.

Of course I am in favor of a Wiki, but that does not seem to be a popular thought so far.

Also locations seem to be used by certain regions, such as the Chesapeake, would hate to see them loose there popular forum. Other regions could perhaps be encouraged to post more?

Cruisingdad 07-03-2013 02:03 PM

Ok, we are going to consolidate locations and remove some stickies.

I am open to suggestions here and will listen to thoughts. My first thought is to make the areas generalized:

Northeast US, Southeast US and Bahamas, Southwest US, Northwest US. SOutheast would cover gulf.

Caribbean.

Med

Australia

Other

Thoughts?

I will also start looking at the stickies.

Brian

SVAuspicious 07-03-2013 05:12 PM

I think the Chesapeake and LIS should continue to have their own sub-fora.

T37Chef 07-03-2013 05:28 PM

I agree with Dave, there is enough traffic here from Chessy sailors to certainly justify its own forum

chef2sail 07-03-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T37Chef (Post 1054002)
I agree with Dave, there is enough traffic here from Chessy sailors to certainly justify its own forum

+1 on Dave's and Shawn's comments.

bljones 07-03-2013 11:54 PM

Great Lakes

Alibaba 10-17-2013 03:13 PM

Did they shut down the GPR section, I cant get on with my password,
What do they mean add cookies..?