SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   There's This Place... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/theres-place/)
-   -   Gangplank Marina - Washington, DC (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/theres-place/65285-gangplank-marina-washington-dc.html)

ArcherBowman 06-04-2010 09:22 AM

Gangplank Marina - Washington, DC

For the interested, I've posted a review of the Gangplank Marina, in Washington,DC.

http://willstuff.wordpress.com/2010/...washington-dc/

wwilson 06-04-2010 10:19 AM

Bill,

Nice review - thorough and impartial. I've been there as a boat-guest.

Since it is a serious review, you will take my edit as a help rather than annoyance I hope... "and cables are batter, faded..." suspect you meant battered.

Best Regards,

SVAuspicious 06-04-2010 11:02 AM

Bill,

I spent the winter at Gangplank a couple of years ago. Overall I agree with your assessment. I characterize it as genteel shambles. Everything works, but it isn't exactly elegant.

You note 40A power at the docks - not true: there is your choice of 30A and 50A service. I don't know of any standard for 40A service.

In winter they have bubblers on all docks and winter water. Pump-out is available all year round and you don't need to be aboard for service.

At the Metro stop a block and a bit away is also a Safeway grocery and a liquor store.

It is a great visit for DC and the staff really are both responsive and supportive.

ArcherBowman 06-07-2010 11:03 AM

Typos

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwilson (Post 609878)
Bill,

Nice review - thorough and impartial. I've been there as a boat-guest.

Since it is a serious review, you will take my edit as a help rather than annoyance I hope... "and cables are batter, faded..." suspect you meant battered.

Best Regards,

Yup. Typo now fixed. Thanks.

ArcherBowman 06-07-2010 11:05 AM

Yup. Typo is fixed, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVAuspicious (Post 609889)
Bill,

I spent the winter at Gangplank a couple of years ago. Overall I agree with your assessment. I characterize it as gentile shambles. Everything works, but it isn't exactly elegant.

You note 40A power at the docks - not true: there is your choice of 30A and 50A service. I don't know of any standard for 40A service.

In winter they have bubblers on all docks and winter water. Pump-out is available all year round and you don't need to be aboard for service.

At the Metro stop a block and a bit away is also a Safeway grocery and a liquor store.

It is a great visit for DC and the staff really are both responsive and supportive.

FSMike 06-07-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVAuspicious (Post 609889)
Bill,

I characterize it as gentile shambles. Everything works, but it isn't exactly elegant.

As long as we're correcting spelling --
I assume they do not discriminate against those who are of the Jewish faith?
Perhaps "genteel" would work better.:)

SVAuspicious 06-07-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSMike (Post 610621)

*grin* You are absolutely correct. I don't know where my head was. Thank you.

Although I do have several boxes of matzo on the boat. Keeps great.

wwilson 06-10-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSMike (Post 610621)
As long as we're correcting spelling --

To beat that poor horse yet again - the unintended discrimination would have been against non-jewish boaters, I believe.

SVAuspicious 06-10-2010 04:07 PM

I do think the horse is dead. *grin*

Wayne - you're welcome over for matzo brai Sunday morning. You bring the champers. *grin*

MikeAR 06-11-2010 10:07 AM

Archer,
SCAdians are good people though (speaking as one!)