Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > There's This Place...
 Not a Member? 

There's This Place... Articles on Destinations for Cruising, by Cruisers, for Cruisers...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
(Not so) Secret Spot in Hawaii

There hasn't been a new post here in a while so I thought I would drop something in. Hint: It is between the Big Island and Oahu, near Molokai and Kaho'olawe. It is not Maui.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2012

AdamLein will become famous soon enough
You've got to admit it's a pretty unusually shaped and laid out harbor. I can practically see you in that park on Google Maps

I've been keeping up to date on your channel so I'd like to say, thanks for all the posts! It feels a little bit sunnier every time I watch one.

Oh and by the way, great sound track selection. My 1.5-yr-old daughter starts dancing whenever the two familiar pieces come on
Old 02-21-2012

Amazing Grace is on a distinguished road
This would be Manele Bay, Lanai.
Old 04-05-2012

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: (Not so) Secret Spot in Hawaii

I almost did a college ex-tern program in Lanai, but I choose Bear Mountain in New York because it paid twice as much. And my brother lives on Maui, never understood why I did that! But I fell in love with New York. I actually wanted to go someplace I thought I would not like because I had plans on going to France and becoming a big chef, funny how life takes you on a long strange trip! I work on computers now and have not been in a commercial kitchen in over 15 years! I did have 2 classmates that went and I believe they are both still in the business.
Old 08-16-2012

Famoffour is on a distinguished road

You are the first person I have found in HI. I keep getting allot of negative info conceding HI. I hear it is liveaboad unfriendly and there are no slips. I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about boat life there. We have our son living in Maui and we been thinking on moving there in a boat,due to the hi cost of rent. However it's sees like east coast is more boat friendly. Any info will be most appreciate.
Thank you,Gina

Last edited by Famoffour; 08-16-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Misspelled words
Old 08-16-2012
Banned

ParadiseParrot is on a distinguished road

They say Cruising is drinking happy hour beer in exotic places.
Old 08-16-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famoffour View Post
You are the first person I have found in HI. ...Any info will be most appreciate.
Thank you,Gina
Gina,

Vega's original post was from January and he only comes onto the forum sporadically. You might try clicking the link in his signature and going to their blog to contact them that way. Otherwise you might have a long wait for a response.

Good luck.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 01-05-2013
Banned

Enigma0 is on a distinguished road

That bragging may get the place closed down. This forum is seen all over the world.

Ah, well. It's far away...
Old 01-06-2013
Swab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma0 View Post
That bragging may get the place closed down. This forum is seen all over the world.
I don't think so. It's a state run harbor with a control depth of six feet and a total of 24 slips.

Old 01-06-2013
Swab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famoffour View Post
You are the first person I have found in HI. I keep getting allot of negative info conceding HI. I hear it is liveaboad unfriendly and there are no slips. I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about boat life there. We have our son living in Maui and we been thinking on moving there in a boat,due to the hi cost of rent. However it's sees like east coast is more boat friendly. Any info will be most appreciate.
Thank you,Gina
Sorry we missed your post back in August. We were in an isolated cove on Baranof Island in Alaska.

The short answer is, your info is correct. There is no place to legally live aboard in Maui and slips are all but non existent but some people do find a way.