Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > US Northeast
 Not a Member? 

US Northeast New York City to Maine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013

cranki is on a distinguished road
Manhattan Sailing School

So my girl and I went to a great free concert down by Battery Park in lower Manhattan this past Thursday evening. It was a beautiful evening and just a hundred yards or so past the stage was the Manhattan Sailing School. There is a smallish marina there with a lot of big boats but that is not the point of this story. So we approach the docks and I see this barge

Manhattan Sailing School & Winter Garden photo - Hubert Steed photos at pbase.com

It is the office for the aforementioned Manhattan Sailing School. It looks like there are people sitting at a bar drinking inside and I am wondering if the marina has room for transients so I walk in... there is a bar and we order drinks for 4 of us - total bill $16.00. Cheapest drinks within 100 miles. And they do take transients... bit pricey at $6 per foot but I think I may take the boat down there for next year's Lowdown Hudson Blues Festival. We saw Alejandro Escavado, Los Lonely boys and Los Lobos and it was not nearly as crowed as you might think. BB King played the night before.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2013

Tempest is on a distinguished road
Re: Manhattan Sailing School

if I'm not mistaken that barge is usually moored across the river on the Jersey Side in a cove above the Statue. Unless they have two barges. Perhaps they brought it over for this event? Sounds like fun!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook