Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Destinations > US Northeast
 Not a Member? 

US Northeast New York City to Maine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010

Mavriikk is on a distinguished road
North Eastern United States of America.

Hello my name is Kyle and i am 25 years old.

I understand that this is predominantly a west coast/Caribbean forum but i cannot believe that there aren't more tales about my home waters. I live in Bristol RI where i rent a home from a bank. I would just like to throw this little blog out there to see our east coast representation.

I live in a place where i can wake up in the morning and walk a block away to the boat club, walk down the dock load up the little dinghy start the motor and buzz out to my mooring and board my boat. (Acrewed Interest - Hunter 25.5)

Options are endless in my little slice of paradise. Cast off Sunday morning and in a 45 minuet sail, arrive and tie up at the Boat House in Tiverton RI( Waterfront dining in Tiverton Rhode Island )for a nice brunch overlooking the Mt Hope bay. Finish brunch there and set sail for an hour or two for the other side of the peninsula and grab a late lunch at the Thames waterside grille in Bristol. Sail back to the mooring just in time for a sunset arrival. Great Day Trip!

For more of an overnight adventure sail down to Newport Friday afternoon and pick up a mooring in the historic harbor for the night. When day breaks or just before set the compass for Block island (weather permitting in my boat! It can kick up out front... your in the ocean now!) Form Newport aboard Acrewed Interest it would be about a 6 hour sail to The Block. You will be taking a power nap upon arrival. Don't sleep too long it's Saturday night on Block Island!!!! When you wake up form you haze throw some breakfast on the table and perk some coffee, your are in the great salt pond Block Island RI take in the sights (great salt pond ri - Google Maps.)

Have you dabbled in golf over the years? Before i started my sailing adventures i was a big golfer. I was a member at a private club since i was a pre-pubescent punk. I came up through the golfing ranks and got pretty good at times. Golf is a game that i love to hate. With that said i still play but my handicap stays right around 14 no more practices for me, just grip it and rip it golf. I only bring up the evil game because here in RI there is a place that you can sail up to and dock, the club will meet you at the dock, grab your clubs put them on the cart and bring you to the course. Pretty cool even if you don't play often...

I also know that sailing in the Elizabethan Islands is epic as well. Just haven't done as much. I need to schedule a longer stretch trip for that one.

Well, that about all for now.
Sail wicked hard!

Last edited by Mavriikk; 04-23-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Add links to locations.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Nice post...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-23-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Kyle,

Welcome to Sailnet!

FYI, We have members from all over the world, but I think you'll find that there are as many or more East Coasters here than West Coasters.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 06-14-2010

bshipp is on a distinguished road
Ahoy Kyle! Very nice post. Fellow Rhode Islander here... If you're ever out Potter Cove way (which of course is right around the corner) look for a 46' ketch moored just to the south of R4 and come along side. Or raft up side-by-each as they say here.
Old 06-14-2010
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
Kyle,

Welcome to Sailnet!

FYI, We have members from all over the world, but I think you'll find that there are as many or more East Coasters here than West Coasters.
I'd agree with that assessment... often on here virtually all by myself in the evening Pacific times. Definitely strongest traffic East/central US times.

But Welcome to you, Kyle...

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 06-14-2010

christyleigh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavriikk View Post
I live in Bristol RI where i rent a home from a bank. I would just like to throw this little blog out there to see our east coast representation.
Hi Kyle....... I spent a night over the hill in the Kickamuit last week. So you're not alone.
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI