SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   US Northeast (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/us-northeast/)
-   -   Wandering Star goes Wandering (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/us-northeast/89617-wandering-star-goes-wandering.html)

WanderingStar 07-12-2012 08:53 PM

Wandering Star goes Wandering

Just not far or fast. Sailing out of Mt Sinai next wednesday 7/18, heading for Block. Stopping along the Ct shore, possibly RI too. Coming home 8/2. so if you see a fat old fashioned ketch with two incredibly good looking people aboard, (ok, one, my wife) pass by and say hello. We are John and Jane (really). I won't be checking this site while away, so behave yourselves.

HUGOSALT 07-13-2012 12:04 AM

Re: Wandering Star goes Wandering

Hi John,
Enjoy your wandering...if by any chance you are planing to
go up the Ct. River (Essex, one of my favorites) Deep River, slightly
north of Essex on the river hosts the largest gathering of fife and drum in the world every summer...this year July 20-21st
parades, concerts, competitions.
"Deep River Ancient Muster" sounds corny but is a real hoot!
Best,
Hugo

tkringstad 07-13-2012 02:41 AM

Wandering Star goes Wandering

I know John's boat. I don't think it will be doing any planing. ;-)

WanderingStar 07-13-2012 09:52 PM

Thanks guys!
Funny, Tom. But considering conditions, she might have surfed a bit if we'd turned off the wind when you and I brought her home.

JimsCAL 07-16-2012 07:55 PM

Enjoy. Hope to get going a week after you following pretty much the same route.

Bene505 07-17-2012 12:42 AM

Vacation starts Friday night for me. We're going to Block somewhere in there. Hope to meet up with you.

Regards,
Brad

WanderingStar 07-17-2012 11:08 PM

Likewise. I'll have my cell, your # is in it. I'll pm mine in case you don't have it handy. You'll know the boat if you see it. I'm not planning to be in Block before Sunday or Monday.

WanderingStar 07-20-2012 04:40 PM

Change of plans. Left on Thursday, fell into the cockpit Friday morning, dislocated my shoulder. It popped back in after a minute, then back out, then back in. Fun. And the weather turned bad (imagine, NWS was wrong!). So we motorsailed back on this lovely day, until the engine overheated. Really? I know I should have diagnosed and fixed it. But I'm tired. My arm is in a sling. It's raining. Most of all, the habor is downwind. I sailed into the inlet under bare poles (it was breezey) and started the engine only to get to the dock. The alarm went off just before throwing the lines over. Tomorrow I go fix it and return to the mooring. Today at home I had a nap and a drink.

JimsCAL 07-21-2012 08:16 AM

Bummer. Hope you arm is better and the engine problem is easily fixed. I am still scheduled to head east the middle to end of next week.

WanderingStar 07-22-2012 06:35 PM

Thanks, fair winds.
I already replaced the impeller and put her back on the mooring (with help). If Mrs WS agrees, maybe we'll try some day trips soon.