SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   US West Coast (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/us-west-coast/)
-   -   Catalina Island Feb 18 home on 19th (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/us-west-coast/83942-catalina-island-feb-18-home-19th.html)

Nick Hill 02-16-2012 03:00 AM

Catalina Island Feb 18 home on 19th
 
Im thinking about going this weekend. Not sure if Im going to hit Avalon or Isthmus. Leaving from Shoreline. Anyone else?

tomperanteau 02-17-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Hill (Post 832114)
Im thinking about going this weekend. Not sure if Im going to hit Avalon or Isthmus. Leaving from Shoreline. Anyone else?

Nick,

We'll be sailing there within the next month, but have to have the diesel reinstalled first. We normally hit Two Harbors, too. We've done Avalon, but would prefer a more quaint place to drop anchor.

Maybe we'll pass each other this summer.

Nick Hill 02-22-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomperanteau (Post 832892)
Nick,

We'll be sailing there within the next month, but have to have the diesel reinstalled first. We normally hit Two Harbors, too. We've done Avalon, but would prefer a more quaint place to drop anchor.

Maybe we'll pass each other this summer.

Trip went well and the wind was perfect to and from! Constant 7kts all the way home from Avalon without the motor. Cant wait to go back!

tomperanteau 02-23-2012 06:04 PM

Awesome. We've had those days when there are two foot swells at 15 second, with the wind at 12 knots. They are absolutely great sailing days!

windward54 02-23-2012 11:21 PM

sure, rub it in while we were stuck at the dock.

tomperanteau 02-23-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windward54 (Post 836048)
sure, rub it in while we were stuck at the dock.

Get out there, damn it!

Nick Hill 02-27-2012 10:33 AM

Probably going to hit the California side of Two Harbors in a few weeks. Anyone interested in making the trip and meeting up over there?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012