SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Vessels Lost, Missing, or in Danger (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/vessels-lost-missing-danger/)
-   -   Video of a submerged object strike/boat sunk (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/vessels-lost-missing-danger/101007-video-submerged-object-strike-boat-sunk.html)

erps 07-02-2013 10:46 AM

Video of a submerged object strike/boat sunk

Around the 30 second mark, you can just make out funny wave turbulence off the starboard bow.

Harborless 07-02-2013 10:48 AM

Re: Video of a submerged object strike/boat sunk

The boat sank? It looked far out to sea- no land in sight... Shipping container? Was the crew rescued?

aa3jy 07-02-2013 10:53 AM

Whale?? Japanese Sunami wreckage??

JonEisberg 07-02-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harborless (Post 1053230)
The boat sank? It looked far out to sea- no land in sight... Shipping container? Was the crew rescued?

Hmmm, you need to pay closer attention - this was already posted in the midst of our discussion of the loss of NINA the other day... (grin)

When the skipper is totally blind, what could possibly go wrong?

(Nothing that couldn't happen to any singlehander, or any other crew for that matter, of course)

Latitude 38 - 'Lectronic Latitude

Harborless 07-02-2013 11:12 AM

What? It was posted in Sailnet Gen Discussion 10 minutes ago... What am I Sherlock Holmes?

JonEisberg 07-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harborless (Post 1053242)
What? It was posted in Sailnet Gen Discussion 10 minutes ago... What am I Sherlock Holmes?

Apparently not... (grin)

Post #47 of the NINA thread...

deniseO30 07-02-2013 11:26 AM

someone could translate...

Unkle Toad 07-02-2013 12:39 PM

you can see that there is something there the whole video, one spot where the waves keep breaking instead of the little breaks all over randomly. if I had noticed I like to think I might have given a litte space to the turbulant spot in the water.

sailak 07-02-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkle Toad (Post 1053307)
you can see that there is something there the whole video, one spot where the waves keep breaking instead of the little breaks all over randomly. if I had noticed I like to think I might have given a litte space to the turbulant spot in the water.

Before the collision you can see an object sticking out of the water. Kind of looked like the corner of a shipping container.

SchockT 07-02-2013 02:15 PM

So if the boat sunk, how did they get the footage from the backstay mounted camera?

Just sayin'!