s/v serenity missing....please help find!!!! - SailNet Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 10-28-2014 Thread Starter
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....

s/v serenity missing....please help find!!!!

HAY!!!! WAKE UP!!!!
someone please confirm or deny this what i received jus tnow---
"Morning zee.. I was running late this morning reading thru fb I scene I distress call of fb (coconut telegraph ) about a s/v serenity lost at sea around st. Lucia my phone won't let me paste and copy can u confirm that and maybe get the word out...?? It's been very heavy on my heart and gave me a sinking feeling. ..but I'm at work and phone will not work for me..."
does anyone have information, please. post here or on my page or sksolitarybird page please. this is important .
from coconut telegraph:
"
Kirsty Morrison shared Nicola Shepherd's status update.
4 hrs Barnes, United Kingdom
https://www.facebook.com/nicola.shepherd.750
My Dad Arthur and my step Mother Sharon have been missing at sea since Saturday.
They were sailing from St Lucia to Barbados, an easy sail and one my Dad has possibly done hundreds of times.
Searches from Barbados, St Lucia and Martinique have been ongoing with no sightings so far. My siblings and I are now appealing for anyone in any surrounding islands with access to boats, light aircraft or helicopters to join in the search. Our hope is that the yacht may be drifting.
We thank you all for any assistance that you may be able to offer."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 10-28-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-28-2014 Thread Starter

Re: s/v serenity missing....please help find!!!!

a young girl with whom i have been chatting occasionally said her momma knows these folks and epirbb was not set off .. hope is that they are ok... please help look out for this boat and the people on board....

Last edited by zeehag; 10-28-2014 at 09:40 AM.
post #3 of 21 Old 10-28-2014

Dock

I understand they have no EPIRB.

Missing since Saturday means what? They left Grenada Friday? Or Saturday was an overdue date? Where in Grenada did they leave? prickly Bay or Carriocou? The millage difference is 160 miles to 115 miles.

Drift rates west ward could have them west of the island chain now.
zeehag likes this.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

post #4 of 21 Old 10-28-2014 Thread Starter

the originator of the mesaage lives in hong kong, and these are her parents.
i asked her if she has filed missing persons report yet..
answer pending.
keep eyes open and please advise if anything seen or heard.
https://www.facebook.com/nicola.shepherd.750

post #5 of 21 Old 10-28-2014

Suggest contacting the Maritime Mobile Service Net and the International Boat Watch Net

http://www.mmsn.org

http://www.boatwatchnet.org

Last edited by aa3jy; 10-28-2014 at 10:52 AM.
post #6 of 21 Old 10-28-2014 Thread Starter

UPDATED: Relatives appeal for help from boaters to locate missing Brigg Unicorn ex-captain and wife | St. Lucia News Online
Attached Thumbnails
together-300x221.jpg  

post #7 of 21 Old 10-28-2014
Old enough to know better

Since when is 63 and 59 an "elderly couple?" I guess I don't have as much time left as I thought...

Hope they are alright, seems the guy is having a bit of bad luck, the boat he was captin of sank just last May.
zeehag and WGEwald like this.
post #8 of 21 Old 10-28-2014 Thread Starter

this is a delivery, as i understand it.

elderly?? who sed elderly-- he just a minuet less old than i am.. but then i am older than dirt, but not elderly.... there is a difference

post #9 of 21 Old 10-28-2014
Old as Dirt!

Elderly? Sixty-three and 59 are only late middle age.

Hopefully they will be found having sun-downers in some quite cove somewhere quite unaware of the furor surrounding their "disappearance" (which may have been entirely intentional).

"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
post #10 of 21 Old 10-28-2014
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
this is a delivery, as i understand it.

elderly?? who sed elderly-- he just a minuet less old than i am.. but then i am older than dirt, but not elderly.... there is a difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Elderly? Sixty-three and 59 are only late middle age.

Hopefully they will be found having sun-downers in some quite cove somewhere quite unaware of the furor surrounding their "disappearance" (which may have been entirely intentional).
The news article called them an "elderly couple."

I do think it seems a bit premature to worry too much. Sure have locals looking out doe them. I agree they may have ducked into someplace. If it was a delivery I take it that it is not their own boat then.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.