Cheeki-Rafiki: Another Shoe Falls - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago

Re: Cheeki-Rafiki: Another Shoe Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by albrazzi View Post
North, Not challenging you if it sounds that way, Of course I agree completely and Maritime law is written such that all parties are partially responsible unlike land laws where under some circumstances you might not carry a responsibility in your actions. I think we share the same OSHA background and I only say that were these guys able to survive this failure they (might) be held partially responsible had they asked the right questions, Ignored the answer, and failed to inspect the Boat. I probably didn't study this situation as well as I could have for this conversation but it sounds like the Owner knew a whole lot more than the Crew. There definitely would have been a Captains responsibility to his crew at issue here no matter what but unfortunately this falls entirely on the owner.
I agree Albrazzi, I think that's the hard part for fatal incidents, we often don't get to find out the whole story but we do try our best to get what we can and avoid it in the future.
albrazzi likes this.

SV Breezy's work-in-progress YouTube Channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago

Re: Cheeki-Rafiki: Another Shoe Falls

The article says that Cheeki left for England with some keel bolts missing. Really? If that is true, negligence is beyond 'likely' in this case. Not sure who knew about it - not stated in the article - but if it was the company boss, that dude is guilty as sin.
zeehag likes this.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.