Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Watkins
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010

seafrontiersman is on a distinguished road
My refit is coming along just fine!

I haven't had time to do anything with the interior yet but I did decide to put a traveller in along the bridge deck. I wish I had more to relate but I've been at sea a lot this year so far and I haven't got too much done so far in 2010. I'm coming back home for 2.5 weeks next Wednesday so I'll have some time to work on her.

Best wishes!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2010

Phantman is on a distinguished road
Did you buy all new traveler, track, end caps, etc etc etc?
That stuff's pretty expensive. There are still quite a few hurricane damaged boats sitting around here and I keep thinking I may be able to find what I want off a wrecked boat. Newish but used and undamaged and not so %#@&!! expensive. No such luck as of yet though. I want a split backstay too but I'll probably buy new stuff for that. And the wish list goes on and on.
Old 04-02-2011

seafrontiersman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantman View Post
Hey Mike, how's your galley project coming along?
I removed mine and put it in storage for use later if I need it. It goes in/out fairly quickly and easily. But I've been considering completely re-doing mine as well, although it's not high on the priority list. I'd rather locate it near the companionway and maybe design it to slide back into the quarter berth similar to a Catalina 22 arrangement.

I'm also interested in your bridge deck traveler project. Have you made a decision on that? That's one I'm considering too, although I'm thinking just the addition of a boom vang would alleviate some of the Crosby Rig's downside. Another arrangement I'm considering it just moving the Crosby Rig to the top of the cabin over the companionway hatch. I've seen photos of a W25 with that arrangement (although it appears to be a double ended system) but I haven't talked to the owner about it yet.

Rick
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been at sea almost constantly this year past and I haven't had much time to do anything to the vessel except sand down the whole cabin and fill in a few spots inside with Bondo and prime/paint the spots. If I only have a few days off duty, I'd much rather sail her (if there is wind) than do little projects.....I'm sure you know how that is! I've also removed all interior teak and sanded it all down to bare wood and I have one coat of varnish on it, I'll put at least five coats on and I've sanded/varnished the oak compression post and replaced all the metal fittings with new stainless steel ones. My next step is to paint the inside, make a anchor line locker cover, and THEN look at installing a traveller on the bridge deck and installing ratchet cleats for the sheets on the cabin top starboard side. I should be ashore more in 2011!