Spent the weekend of the Fourth aboard. Wind was dicey thrs an Fri; but we managed to get out later. Sunday was perfect, so we motored off t the other side of the estuary to scope out a place to watch the fireworks.
As we approached, theexhaust sounded a different note! "Bla-a-a-p,instead of "Blu-u-urp..I checked the outlet an. saw very littlewater..Decided to. limp back toMarina; but considered better band anchored in the far mooring field.
I had the day before checked the inlet filter,so THAT couldn't be it. I pulled hoses to find the culprit and ended. that theseacock was clogged. quick swipe with the electrician's fish-tape and all was good. Went on to check the impeller and found thatbeven after a. month since last an. theslight term running. dry; i. wasfine.
By the time I hoisted the anchor, the wind was piping UP..again!. and decided to call it a day.. Pulled straight into the dock, so I could dive on the T-hull and check it. A-OK, so I went on to scrub the hull.
Boy! Does the dock-side ever get dirty!
Spent the balance of timeputtering about.. Set the mounts for the spare anchor on the stern rail, using the defunct cowl vent hole in the coaming to slide the rode/chain and shaft down into the empty space. Need a piece of three inch PVC to line it yeand a 2by four or so to separate the. rode/chain fromthey hoses and suchh.
Spare jibs from the recent purchase were hoisted at dock; but not a chance to fly 'em for real. One might workout as a 100%er, but the clew is cut relatively high. The rest are roller types and would need to be set up for hanks. oh well
Funniest moment was while cleanuing the transom, the bilgpump decided to pi$$ all over me.. Thank goodness the bilge is clean! ;