Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Weather
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Hurricane Preparation

Sorry guys and gals. It's that time again. I just left Florida where we got a brush already!! SO, here we go with this ugly thread. And let's hope it's an easy season for all of us.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2012

St Anna is on a distinguished road

Yep, easy season wanted for you guys. enjoy;
and CD, please finally learn how to use that BBQ, and guitar... cheers mate have a great time.

Old 06-05-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Anna View Post
Yep, easy season wanted for you guys. enjoy;
and CD, please finally learn how to use that BBQ, and guitar... cheers mate have a great time.
Once I figure out how to play the guitar with my toes, I will be a culinary genius!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 08-26-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Main Event - BBQ Buoy v Isaac

So here we go again ....

Cruising Dad and family are hanging in waiting for Isaac to do his thing. I've suggested using the Bulldog as a storm anchor but the old softy is having none of it.

Do we have any others in Isaac's path ?

If so , best of luck to you all and I for one trust you'll all come through OK.

Cheers

Andrew B

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 08-26-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2012

Southron Spirit is on a distinguished road

i live in south louisiana . lowered the mast and towed Erin Go Bragh home last night . there was one other trailer sailor left at CYC when i left . was my first time lowering the mast we used a rescue 8 with ears and a rappelling rope you could lower it with one hand we made a crutch with pvc pipe

its parked in my yard with the bow pointed east our street has never flooded but they were driving air boats up and down the street a mile away for katrina

going out there this morning and finish tying up all the standing rigging . putting a few more chocks by the wheels .
first storm as a boat owner

while its home im going to put new bearings on the wheels and inspect the axels before i take it back to cypremort point
Old 08-28-2012

SeaQuinn is on a distinguished road

Praying for all of you in Isaac's path. I know how stressful an impending storm can be when you have substantial unknowns and risk. Stay safe!
Old 08-28-2012

rwlpatrick is on a distinguished road

Thanks for bringing this back I am new to sailing and having a boat in the wather and was wandering what to do if a storm comes up the coast and hits near me in maryland. we dont get many but i figure this will be the year now that i have a boat to worrie about.
Old 08-28-2012

lancelot9898 is on a distinguished road

I haven't read through all the posts so maybe this has already been mentioned, but for dinghy storage I just flood the dinghy with water and let it float by the boat when away from the dock. Even when I've left the boat at the dock with 16 or so long lines tied to it, I've always been able to find a vacant slip to put that dinghy....flooded.
Old 09-04-2012

Marcel D is on a distinguished road

CD your a funny guy face with so much adverstiy, I have 2 little ones one 3 and the other is 5 and they are a hand full. We cruise the Pacific North West with them quite a blast. I couldnt imagine riding out a hurricane you guys have balls and familes too. Mostly out where we live your more likley to freeze to death in a blizzard or die in an black ice road accident. Hats off to you brave souls that live in paradise. And dont for get to close all of your sea cocks water comes from every where.
Old 09-05-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel D View Post
CD your a funny guy face with so much adverstiy, I have 2 little ones one 3 and the other is 5 and they are a hand full. We cruise the Pacific North West with them quite a blast. I couldnt imagine riding out a hurricane you guys have balls and familes too. Mostly out where we live your more likley to freeze to death in a blizzard or die in an black ice road accident. Hats off to you brave souls that live in paradise. And dont for get to close all of your sea cocks water comes from every where.
Thanks. My dad just sent me a pic from Port Townsend. We went with him on some of his lower Sound stuff.

FYI, we would never stay aboard again if we could help it. We did stay for Issac, but would have abandoned had it gotten much closer. I stayed aboard for Debby (no fam), but it was just a TS (that would never leave).

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook: