SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Tartan 28?

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  maestro 
#1 ·
Looking for opinions and feedback from personal experience owning or sailing on a mid 80's Tartan 28? What's the good, the bad and the ugly on this boat? Has anybody sailed both T28 and Sabre 28? Comparison of the two if able please? Is there a specific issue to the T28 that one should look into when considering a purchase?

Thanks in advance for you time and response.

#5 ·
I love the 28

a very good (and fine sailor) friend ownes a mid 80's Tartan 28. IMHO, it it the finest Tartan made from that decade!!! It is a quick 28 footer, with a very beautiful teak interior. Pointing ability is above ave. for this type of boat (deep fin keel), did I mention is a a speedy littel bugger??? The cockpit is very comfy, but can hold a crew for beer can racing if you want. A double spreader rig. Over sized deck hardware. Did I mention it was quick???
Every time I stepped on the boat, I was in awe of the quality of workmanship that Tartan did on this boat (and it lends itself to owner mods very easily)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.