View Single Post
post #66 of Old 08-20-2013
svHyLyte
Old as Dirt!

Re: Nicro Day-Night 2000 solar vent repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
...August 20, 1012...

Right now the [rebuilt] vent is sitting on my back porch spinning away, where it will remain for a few daze just to ensure it will last awhile, before I reinstall it on the boat. It is amazing the one needs go through this much brain damage to effect a repair. Nicro does itself no favors in this manner.

FWIW...
It is now one year to the day since I reassembled my Nicro Solar Vent with a $14 USD hobby-shop motor, a $15 USD (or so) solar panel, and a $4 USD rechargeable NiCad battery from Radio Shack (as described earlier in posts #42 and #46) and set it running. Since then it has operated without cease, day and night, fair weather and foul, from below freezing temps to well over 100 F. Accordingly, I guess one can pronounce our repair a success, eh? With a little determination, one can repair these units for very little cost, particularly in comparison to the cost of a replacement.

Cheers!

"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome