SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s
View Single Post
post #20 of Old 11-13-2013 Thread Starter
captain jack

Re: looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngel442 View Post
Engine: I would definetely look at a different solution for the engine. As you may or may not know, that boat weighs at LEAST 5400 pounds without any souls on board. I find my original engine underpowered and I will be looking to switch it out with a 2 GM of some type. I will be looking to glass in a 25 hp for more to help with the 20 ft swells we can get in the bath tub they call Lake Michigan. Also, I like coming in hot and exercising the sphincters of the old guys that like to wait on the dock ready to catch mooring lines. LOL I see it as a public service. lol I'll be by the boat and I will take pictures and a video for you Captain Jack.
so, do you think that a 9.9 outboard would be a good choice? I only want it for emergencies: no wind and I just have to get back or sails shredded, mast broken, and I can't sail sort of thing. possibly for moving into or out of the slip in contrary winds. not looking to hot dog it, but I need to be able to move the boat, too.

thanks for being willing to take picks for me. I can't tell you how big a help that will be; like a lighthouse on a foggy night.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome