SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s
View Single Post
post #29 of Old 11-14-2013 Thread Starter
captain jack

Re: looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s

so, neither of you think it's a good idea to use the furler to reef but it's good to have one to furl up the sail, when striking the jib? michael, thanks for posting the pics. i will takle a look at them in just a min. a recommendation on a good furler would be great. is there a type of furling system where you don't have to modify your head sail? i suppose that's not a huge issue. i have quite a few extra sails, that they put in the boat for me. i am sure that i can get some barter mileage out of them.

as far as using what i have before changing up, i presently am not sure what i have. i haven't had a chance to inventory.

i went to the boat between work and class, tonight. i installed the new temporsary door hatch and door. i say temporary because i built them out of materials i just had around; old plywood and some strips of azak. i painted the hatch white. i wanted to close off the boat, from nature, as soon as possible. i will take a bit more time and make a 'good' door hatch completely out of azak and a door out of a nicer piece of wood. i don't have azak that size, or i would use azak.

you guys are right. there was a motor. the fuel cap is where you said it would be. the shaft is still in the boat. it wasn't glassed over. i didn't get a chance to see if it still turns. it was getting dark fast and i wanted to get that hatch on there. the motor mounts are still there. i think it must have been removed because it stopped working. the outboard mount is a nice one, not just a piece of wood bolted to the transom.

anyhow, does te shaft still being there give me any options to put in an inboard, that would be cost effective? or should i just go with an outboard?

and, if i do just opt for the outboard, should i remove the shaft, when it is hauled, and glass the hole shut? do i have to worry about the shaft being a leak threat?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome