SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello to all from a Sailnet newbie with a CS36t
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 01-01-2014 Thread Starter
NorthernPilgrim

Hello to all from a Sailnet newbie with a CS36t

I am not only new to Sailnet; I have never before been on a forum of any kind so I am really a newbie here. I have browsed the forum to learn the protocol, and I'm still stumbling around a bit (for instance, I still don't know what a "track back" is) but I'm sure I'll sort it out. Surely, if I inadvertently stray from the straight and narrow, a course correction will be suggested by a helpful member or moderator
I have spent several months each year cruising full-time on a pristine and much beloved C&C33-1 that was rigged very much for racing but on which I cruised happily, with family and friends part of the time, and single-handing the rest. Last summer, I decided I wanted a few more amenities, but in a boat that still sails well and of a size I can easily solo. I acquired a 1986 CS36T, which I am still learning and gradually making my own with changes and additions here and there. I recently made my first post on this forum, asking for ideas to guide me in the installation of an anchor windlass. Since I spend more time at anchor than at a dock, after years of weighing anchor manually hand-over-hand and through various makeshift arrangements when alone and with wind and waves up, I decided it was time for a windlass! The otherwise well-designed CS36T has a less-than ideal rode locker for this purpose, so it will be a bit of a challenge and I am hoping Sailnet members will help me ensure my mistakes are minor and not major.
So, I am here to learn, and to contribute what I can, and perhaps make a few friends along the way.

Alex

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome