SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dreamin' a bit
Thread: Dreamin' a bit
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 01-07-2014
jimgo
Asleep at the wheel

Re: Dreamin' a bit

Welcome aboard. I already posted to your other thread, but wanted to welcome you here, too!

What do you consider cruising? Everybody has their own definition. For some, it's living aboard full-time, moving from place-to-place on an almost daily basis, sometimes sailing down to Central/South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, etc. Some others see cruising as an on-going adventure, but only in limited quantities. Spend a week or two getting the boat from one place to another, with a few days on site, then head home leaving the boat behind. Repeat this process a few times a year. For others, it's a week or two aboard every summer (maybe more) visiting places away from their home port, with many of the good-weather weekends spent aboard but close to home. I'm not advocating one or the other. Just asking what YOU envision as cruising, because the choice of boat may be very different depending on what you want to do.

This is a very different discussion than your other thread, which is "what boat should I get to learn how to sail".

- Jim
Home: Western Philly 'burbs
1980 Allmand 31
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome