SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking at a Hunter....
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-29-2007 Thread Starter
737sail

Looking at a Hunter....

...Just looking for some input: Preface: we have 2 small children and abide by their school schedule, plus work, and thus are looking for a comfortable, affordable, fun boat, in the $100,000 range, for some time away from home. We are currently looking at a Hunter 380, 1999 (definitely used, though does have AC and many other options that I want), for Chesapeake Bay, VA "usage" (note - I did not say "cruising") - "usage" to include simple day sails on the bay, sometimes two+ days out (bay area; oftentimes overnight at other marinas or anchored in a creek), much time at the dock with mommy and 2 little ones (marina has a pool plus close friends, with same age children) and perhaps, time permitting down the road, down the ICW and to places in NC....we figured if we wanted to go to the Caribbean, chartering (time wise) would be the way to go...for whatever reason, and certainly not to be of critical of other comfort, production boats, I have really liked the layout of the Hunter as compared to some others, and we have had a smaller Hunter (1998 310) in the past and it was a great boat. That being said, I am looking to see if anyone may have additional comments/suggestions? Thanks!

Note - if there were to be any serious cruising down the road, perhaps at the time we would have more time and money for a suitable boat for just that....

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome