SailNet Community - View Single Post - composting toilet-should we do it
View Single Post
post #57 of Old 02-22-2014
MikeOReilly
Old soul

Re: composting toilet-should we do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
You're welcome to ignore or refute my comments, but I will post them as I please. I'm surprised you suggested otherwise.

I don't see where I've expressed any anger over morality? In fact, I've repeated more than once, in this thread, that I think composters have their place.
You're right. My comments were a bit strong. I apologize. They come out of exasperation with seeing the same comments, using the apparent squeamishness of your guests. So when Multihullgirl calls you out on this point, and you pirouette to defence of holding tanks, I let frustration drive my keyboard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Downside to composter?...... teaching the squeamish guest how to use it, cleaning skid marks (no water), dealing with diarrhea, how about your guest's diarrhea. I'll stop there. Traditional heads will flush these all way without you ever knowing about them.
You and I and others just had this discussion. You got all the same answers, yet you keep going on about "skid marks," etc. This is why I encouraged readers to go look at the history of your criticisms, and the discussion that has already taken place, such as here:

https://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-m...g-tank-12.html

Please do enlighten us on your experience with marine heads -- you're quite right, they do not have to stink if used properly. Just like using a composting head is no more difficult, even for your squeamish guests, than a standard marine head. Lets move on...

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MikeOReilly; 02-22-2014 at 10:02 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome