SailNet Community - View Single Post - composting toilet-should we do it
View Single Post
post #84 of Old 02-23-2014
MikeOReilly
Old soul

Re: composting toilet-should we do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
This is one of the things that worried me about the C-Head. It looks like even in rough weather the top could lift up and let the bucket and jug jostle around.
Agreed, although I bet you could find a way to secure things down with a CH. I do know NH would be perfectly secure since it consists of only two rotomolded pieces that are snapped together with hefty latches. I gather AH is similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcgov View Post
Hey Mike -- good list. To 'Disadvantages: Composter" you might add seat height & footprint. Most are around 19" -- 4 to 5" taller than your standard marine head. On older boats, smaller boats, or boats with rounded bilges, it can be challenging to fit a composter w/out your head bumping the ceiling. Also, because they are essentially a bucket, they have less cutaway at the pedestal base than many marine heads & may bump against the curved hull. I see C-Head is offering new designs with the corners clipped, plus one to accommodate the platform of the Mac26. We may need to custom fab one using a shorter 4 gallon bucket due to limited headroom, with pee bottle off to the side for more ankle space.
Yes, good point Bob. I believe the AH and CH have a few different sized options. NH is one size. On our boat it fit fine, but I bet it would be quite the squeeze on a 26-footer. You should post some pics if you get one installed.

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome