SailNet Community - View Single Post - composting toilet-should we do it
View Single Post
post #87 of Old 02-23-2014
bobmcgov
baDumbumbum

Re: composting toilet-should we do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multihullgirl View Post
I wondered the same thing as bobmcgov until I saw this video. Note the underside of the lid, with its tube which slips into the neck of the jug. The crank framework would hold the bucket. The thing would be to make sure the lid would latch, something easily added if you need it.
Nah, it wuz Dean who worried about spillage. In my personal experience, any near-death experience (like having your boat wholly inverted) tends to leave one sanguine about earthy chores like wiping feces off the ceiling. You might even grin as you shovel up the mess. Cuz you are aware at a cellular level that this is you, alive, cleaning up poop, and isn't today a glorious day for poop cleaning?

One of the happiest mornings ever was spent gathering a couple dozen pieces of aluminum climbing gear that had scattered all over the talus field when the gear bag burst upon being hammer-thrown thirty yards from the tent in the midst of the kind of epic mountain thunderstorm CGI people wish they could replicate. The metal bits were visibly glowing and making popping noises before I chucked 'em; those were three hours I really did not expect to see the other side of.

Playing "find the camming devices" next morning felt a rare privilege. And yeah, a lid latch will solve any question of ballistic turds.

Buccaneer18, Grainnia
SJ21, Diarmuid
Albin Ballad 30, Fionn
The Following User Says Thank You to bobmcgov For This Useful Post:
Multihullgirl (02-23-2014)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome