SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mirage 25: Any Info on This Boat
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 03-11-2014
Greatlakes47

Re: Mirage 25: Any Info on This Boat

Would love to share. So I came from a Kirby 25 built by mirage, so I'm used to that boat which is very tender. I have owned the Mirage for one season and have sailed her for a couple of years with the previous owner. So from my experience I can say it is a very comfortable boat to sail, it is still fairly tender for a "cruiser" but not so much that you get the rails wet with every puff. I find you have to reef fairly early. I have only taken her out once in 20-25kn breeze, it still felt pretty stable with reduced sail. In light winds it still moves along nicely, it doesn't take much breeze to bring you to hull speed (around 5.5knts) It points fairly well if you have decent sails on her. The only issue with mine is that it came with wheel steering (which my wife likes) and I find it takes away a lot of the feel from the helm because it uses push/pull type cable wich creates a lot of friction. Besides that I really like it, it has tons of room inside for a 25. It has everything you need for weekend cruises.

If you want I can scan the documents I have if you would like a copy?
Hope this helps

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome