SailNet Community - View Single Post - Visa for Cuba
Thread: Visa for Cuba
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 10-19-2017
Minnewaska

Re: Visa for Cuba

First, I'm no fan of the guy personally, but the current US President is not the one that put restrictions on US citizen travel to Cuba.

Second, something isnt adding up. I've lost count of the US citizens I know that have first gone to Canada or Mexico and then flew to Cuba. I don't once recall hearing of waiting to organize a visa. I'm sure you need some official document, but I would swear it is instant issue for a fee. I have this recollection that to enter Cuba, you must have health insurance that covers you in Cuba. You buy it in customs, on the spot, if you don't. Check around online. There has to be a way to obtain what you need online, if you're not a US citizen.

However, if you are a US citizen, departing from the US, that will be very difficult to do legally. Has been for about 50 years now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome