Thread: Visa for Cuba
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 10-19-2017
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Visa for Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
I'm guessing that he was given and/or received bad info.
That country wants your $s.

I'm very interested in Cuba. Reads like the read deal...along with some hoops and hurdles, naturally.
I'm most interested in the southern coast, and not sure where to get the most current charts.
Navionics is doing a webinar on Cuba (never done/attended one before) 11/15/17.
I'm guessing much of the north coast took a big Maria hit.
From what I've been told by those who have been there over the last 3 or 4 years, one is not free to go where one wishes, Canadian, American or Australian. There are approved marinas and at times certain bays where one may anchor, but I don't think the south coast is open to sailing yachts.
Not having been there I can't say for sure, but the stories of the restrictions have prevented us from venturing that way. However, the feeling about Cuba from those I've met who have been there is generally favorable.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome