SailNet Community - View Single Post - Visa for Cuba
Thread: Visa for Cuba
View Single Post
post #11 of Old 10-20-2017
Minnewaska

Re: Visa for Cuba

Noonsite has some interesting updated info on visiting Cuba. 24 hr notice, prior to moving between anchorages within Cuba. It suggests there is a 30-90 day travel card that is issued upon arrival. Not sure a visa in advance is required. I did not study this closely.

While the relationship between Cuba and the US is very complicated, I personally choose to follow the rules and will not visit unless legal to do so. I think the biggest attraction for many US citizen, is simply that it's forbidden. As for having to notify authorities 24 hrs in advance of moving between anchorages, I'll pass, even though they are far from the only country with such restrictions. There are countless beautiful places in the world. I'll wait for it to be more inviting. If it never is, I'll keep it on the list of most places I'll never see. No problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome