SailNet Community - View Single Post - Visa for Cuba
Thread: Visa for Cuba
View Single Post
post #21 of Old 10-22-2017
neeqness

Re: Visa for Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I don't know about that being advanced. Exactly what does that information do that the US signal doesn't allow? Maybe everyone in Cuba suffers from anxiety disorder and can't handle the abrupt change to green, or yellow isn't clear enough.

Frequently, rules like that apply to citizen of specified countries. I don't think the OP has made their passport issuing country known.
Your comment regarding the signals is pure speculation, while I have just been there. I find it is best to get first hand knowledge before you try to discredit someone elses first hand account. Seems you'd rather insult a whole country of people than accept the possibility that they might use newer technology. It is actually not that surprising when you think about it though. The technology we use for signaling isn't anything near cutting edge afterall.

Op and several others have stated it's illegal to leave from US to Cuba. I was merely trying to show that it is NOT illegal to leave from US to Cuba. Being a US citizen I can also confirm that we are not restricted to travel nor spend any money in Cuba. There are actually nonstop flights to Havana from Miami and LA. Although there is only one airline providing nonstop flights from LA, the flight from LA is daily. I do not know the schedule for Miami. There are also cruise ships going to Cuba from Miami. What I do not know is any policies for private yachts traveling to Cuba.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited by neeqness; 10-22-2017 at 08:10 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome