SailNet Community - View Single Post - How nervous are you?
View Single Post
post #34 of Old 12-22-2017
MikeOReilly
Old soul

Re: How nervous are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcb View Post
I didn't notice you were in Western Newfoundland. Big boy cruising grounds. It makes the comments about sailing a 53 foot boat in South Florida bit funny, at least to me. I spent about a month hiking at Grosse Morne a bunch of years back, it's a pretty unforgiving coast line. A bit like sailing on the moon compared to south Florida.
Well said Arcb. I was going to mention something like this as well. Newfoundland sailing is already, by default, pretty serious stuff. One note though, I think Conception Bay is on the east side of The Rock. Iím on the west, just south of Gros Morne. Thatís why Iíd love advice from YOU Trevor.

Excellent advice from almost everyone here. My view is that if you are asking the questions, then youíve already got a good handle on the issues. Sailing these waters should never be done lightly. Invest in your skills, and in the soundness of your vessel. Be aware of the weather and the boat situation. Watch and listen for changes. Donít blindly follow a plan or schedule if things change. And most importantly, move at your (and your wifeís) own pace.

Hope we can cross wakes sometime soonish.

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome