SailNet Community - View Single Post - Thoughts on whether I should relocate my house batteries ...
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 12-25-2017 Thread Starter
BillMoran

Re: Thoughts on whether I should relocate my house batteries ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Bill, I have no idea what a T37 looks like inside. But what does that entire compartment look like when reassembled? Is there anything structural or functional about it, or could you literally just remove the current battery compartment and rebuild that area with something that allows the installation of batteries all in the one place. Presumably there's no usable space on the other side of the engine either?
The port side is my diesel tank, so there's not usable space there (except for storing diesel ... obviously).

Ripping out the existing stuff that the batteries mount to doesn't help me much, as far as I can see. Basically, I can't come up with a more efficient way to store the batteries than is already there. That compartment is oddly shaped because the bottom is the outer hull (and thus curved). Moving the batteries forward where I actually have a square compartment seems like better use of space to me. I can then tear out the existing battery supports and have more space for smaller items.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome