SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chain locker tangles?
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 01-14-2018 Thread Starter
dreamdoer

Talking Re: Chain locker tangles?

Hi everyone:

Thanks for all the great information. Some further information about my gear. The line, chain and anchor are all brand new. Never been wet before. I am very cautious by nature and when I bed down for the night I don't want to worry. I will any ways, but less.. I have read all the books, but I have never read any comments about anchor rode tangles or lack there of when the rode is fed down into the chain locker. I guess my cautious nature guesses that when I feed 30 feet of heavy chain onto a constrained pile of nylon rode, a tangle is more than likely. To all the experienced anchor out sailors, is this true by your experiences? If it is, how often does a tangle happen? Twenty %, 50% or hopefully never. I talked to a friend who has sailed extensively and said that when he came in to anchor, the admiral would take the helm and he would go on the fordeck and pull out rode and flake it on deck. Said he never had a tangle. Is that the common experience or was he blessed?

Thank you all again for many, many good suggestions that I will put into use.

Also I bought a Galaxy tablet and down loaded the Drag Queen app so I will know when I am being swept onto the lee shore.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome