SailNet Community - View Single Post - Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 02-22-2018
smackdaddy
Banned

Re: Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Have you even seen a 70 foot plus cat? Obviously fracking not or you wouldn't make such a ridiculous post. They are about as far from a cruising boat as a mega-motor yacht. They are huge luxurious vessels with circular staircases, galleys for the "real" chef to create gourmet meals, walk in freezers, bars on every deck and most have hot tubs for 8 or ten people. I've never seen any of that on a "cruising" boat, have you?
At 70+ feet you are kinda leaving the "cruising" boat idea for most folks, monohull or catamaran. I've seen very very few 65 foot plus family or retired couple cruisers.
But hey, if you've got the bucks to buy a 70 foot luxury roomaran and go cruise it, then I'll owe you an apology. Otherwise....
You mean like the Privilege Serie 7 or even Serie 8?

I guess I'm trying to figure out how a circular staircase prevents a large catamaran from sailing. Remember, you said that "the husband would miss his sailing".

Here is a 90' Catana crossing the Atlantic...

They certainly seem to be able to sail - even in F8/F9 conditions off the African coast.

So, my post wasn't ridiculous at all. No one has to "miss sailing" on any sailing catamaran no matter the size. I'm not sure which of these boats has the 8-person hot tub - but those can be drained when going to sea - and everything in a gourmet kitchen, walk-in freezer, and even the booze on every deck can be stowed. What would prevent them from sailing?

You certainly don't owe me an apology. But you might want to rethink your position a bit. Your notion of cruising is obviously not everyone's. And there are lots of large cats out there doing what you're saying they can't. Whether you or I can personally afford one or not has nothing to do with it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome