SailNet Community - View Single Post - Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 02-22-2018
smackdaddy
Banned

Re: Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
I appreciate curves, but prefer them in a Schionning or similar. Like I said, I'm coming around to the more hard styling - particularly because it is functional. It begins to look sillier on smaller boats like a Lagoon 39, but stretched out like a HH66 and it is mouth-watering. On the other hand, it is easy to make a large boat look good. I think the Nautitech Open 40 that you posted struck a good balance, but the Bali 4.5 is awful. The new Leopards missed the mark widely, IMO. The Helia is a bit of a compromise with styling between older and newer, but I think they pulled it off OK. There are a few things about that boat that I don't like, but my limited experience with them is that it is a good overall boat.

But I'm not an architect, or even an architectural enthusiast. I have zero artistic abilities, and no confidence in my opinion in these matters.

Mark
That's the beauty/curse of architecture...no matter how scientific we try to make the justifications for design, when it comes to aesthetics it's ALWAYS purely subjective. I think that's why architecture is also a dying industry.

In any case so that readers know what we're talking about...

Shionning G-Force 1200

Bali 4.5

Lagoon 39

HH66

Leopard 45

Thanks for bringing up all these great examples. I didn't know about Schionning.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome